This week we should ponder, consider, or think about the resurrection of Jesus and the impact it should have on our lives. I am reminded of the Jeremy Camp Song “Same Power.” “The same power that rose Jesus from the grave lives in us.” For many of us, we believe in this same power, but life has a way of distracting us and pulling us off course. We get beat up, discouraged, and wounded by life and turn our backs on God because, like everyone else in our lives, He has failed us.
The flip side is we think we have failed God or we are too dirty, broken, or unworthy. In the book of Hosea, we can read about a God who is faithful to us even in our unfaithfulness. Hosea is a picture of a marriage broken by a wife’s (Israel & us) unfaithfulness and the husband’s (God) willingness to forgive and continue the relationship. Hosea 6:1-3,
1 Come, let us return to the Lord,
for He has torn,
and He will heal us.
He has struck,
and He will bind us up.
- We must return to God in Jesus Christ realizing our brokenness and woundedness and let Him begin to heal us from our hurts and bandage our wounds.
2 After two days He will revive us.
On the third day He will raise us up,
that we may live before Him.
- If we give Jesus the time it takes to develop a relationship He will raise us up to a new life in Him.
- See Romans 6:3-14
3 Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord.
His appearance is as sure as the dawn.
He will come to us like the rain;
like the spring rains He will water the earth.
- Let’s know Jesus and keep pushing ourselves to know Jesus a little more each day.
- His presence will be like a spring rain washing off the dirt of our pain and poor choices reviving and exciting us to pursue Him more.
The same power that rose Jesus from the grave and gives believers new life is available to you.
Some Questions to Ask
- What are some hurts we may need healing for?
- What are some wounds we might have that need to be dressed?
- Are we willing to give Jesus a chance to heal and bandage us?
- What are ways we can return to the LORD and get to Him more?
- How has the resurrection impacted my life, today?
 Camp, Jeremy. “Same Power.” I will Follow. 2015.